When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission. Thanks for your support!
Cold Steel All-Purpose Axe with Hickory Handle
While you may not use one regularly, this axe is inexpensive but capable of doing most jobs that one would need an axe for. In an earthquake, fire, flood or many other disasters, an axe can be invaluable. While there are better axes available, this Cold Steel Axe for Fire Flood Disaster is the right fit for anyone that needs an emergency-only axe.
In an earthquake, fire, flood or many other disasters, an axe can be invaluable. While there are better axes available, this Cold Steel Axe for Fire Flood Disaster is the right fit for anyone that needs an emergency-only axe.
The Cold Steel Trail Boss is compact enough to carry all day in your hand. Or strapped to your pack, yet tough enough for chores that would make a hatchet or tomahawk scream for mercy.
Featuring a European style head with a 4″ blade and a 4 1/2″ cutting edge. It takes a big bite with every swing. Plus, it features a very sturdy, durable straight-grained American Hickory handle. In our extensive field-tests in the outback of Australia, the Trail Boss was used to chop kindling & clear roads & trails. Also, to build blinds & even to chop down a fair sized tree!
- Our Hudson Bay Camp Axe is faithful to historical examples stretching back over 100 years
- Sized to be convenient to carry on every outdoor adventure. It’s an essential tool you won’t want to go into the woods without
- Features our ground breaking clamp-like locking mechanism. This is so ruggedly hard to “pull off” that it doubles the industry standard. Possible to change out a broken handle in less than 2 minutes
- Made of tough and durable 1055 carbon steel
- Overall length: 27 inches; Cutting edge length: 4 inches; Overall weight: 44.2 ounces; Head Weight: 23.5 ounces